Before you start reading below, have you tried switching your computer ‘on’ and ‘off’? If not I recommend you do that first. Think of your computer as a baby, if there is something it doesn’t like it will most definitely let you know. To answer your question of ‘Why is My Computer So Slow?’ I have dug up 3 main reasons that lead to your snail of a computer and a FREE step by step guide that costs you nothing!
And you don’t have to be a wiz at computers to be able to follow what I’m saying..
If your virus/spyware free, there are a couple things you can do get your computer working faster. If you using your computer for normal stuff and not gaming. You don’t always need more RAM you just need to perform a few maintenance task.
First, if you haven’t cleaned your registry in a while. This is necessary. Your registry holds all the information regarding updates, installs, un-installs etc. Each one of those events produces a key. That key needs your PC’s resources and free space. So, if you clean your registry, you make more resources available for speed.
Reason 2: Go on a diet!
Clear your Windows cache files, this is your temporary file. It can grow up to a large volume and stop your computer from using RAM properly. In a sense slow it down by preventing it from using free space.Here is how:
1. Quit Internet Explorer, Firefox, or any other web browser
2. Click Start, click “Control Panel”, and then double-click “Internet Options”.
3. On the General tab, click “Delete Files” under Temporary Internet Files.
4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the “Delete all offline content” check box , and then click OK.
5. Click OK.
Reason 3: Dump that load and take a number 2.
Basically start managing your startups. Your excess CPU aka processor usage is due to too many programs running in the background. You can cut these to barebones by alter your msconfig. Here is how:
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type “msconfig.exe”
4. In the “system configuration utility”,click either “service” or “startup” tab
5. Uncheck all programs that your are no longer using.
6. Click “OK”
5. Click OK.
Hope I have helped, you should be noticing a difference in speed if you followed the steps correctly but just incase you need anymore info feel free to contact me by clicking here.